Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Root Beer Pulled Pork

Okay. I saw this pin on Pinterest for Root Beer Pulled Pork and I had to try it. It comes from another blog called Bubble Crumb.

This is a really simple recipe--put a chunk of pork in a crockpot, add a bottle of root beer and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Shred the pork with a fork. Add desired amount of BBQ sauce and eat!

True to form, I screwed up the recipe! :).

I mixed the root beer and bbq sauce and added that directly to the pork and then cooked it. It still turned out delicious, but I wonder what it would have tasted like just cooked in the root beer....I guess I will have to try again.

I toasted the buns with butter on the ol' iron skillet! The next day, I had some Chinese steamed buns from Chinatown so I steamed the buns and had it with that....delicious!







No comments:

Post a Comment